Town of Washington Town Clerk
Mary E. Alex – Town Clerk, Tax Collector, Vital Registrar
Irene C. Wing – Deputy Town Clerk, Deputy Tax Collector and Sub Registrar
Hours: Monday – Friday 9:00 AM – 12:30 PM and 1:30 – 3:00 PM
Town Clerk Mary Alex has been proudly serving the community since 1993. This office is frequently considered the center of town government and the primary source for information.
The Town Clerk:
- Provides local licenses including Dog Licenses and Transfer Station Rates
- Issues licenses for New York State including Marriage Licenses, Sporting Licenses and Parking Permit for Persons with Disabilities
- Serves as the Registrar for Vital Statistics for the issuance and filing of Birth and Death Certificates.
- Is the Records Access Officer managing the records and documents that are important to the lives of the townspeople.
- Attends all meetings of the Town Board and acts as clerk thereof, keeping an accurate record of the proceedings.
- Is NOT a member of the Town Board and has no vote on matters coming before such board.
- Is one of the few Town Clerk’s that also serve as Tax Collector.
Further Specific Information: