Tax Collector


Mary Alex – Tax Collector
Mindy Moore – Deputy Tax Collector
Tel (845)677-3419
Fax (845)677-2085

VIEW YOUR TAX BILL ON-LINE  You can view your tax bill on-line by clicking on the following link.  You may also download a receipt for a previous year:  View Your Tax Bill


The Tax Office is responsible for the collection of property taxes which includes Town, County, Library and Fire Protection.  If school or village taxes are unpaid they will be included in the property tax bill.


The tax bill covers the period of January 1 – December 31st.

  • January 14-February 28: No interest
  • March 1 – March 31: 2% Interest
  • April 1 – April 30: 3% Interest
  • May 1 – May 31: 4% interest, plus additional $2.00 Fee
  • If the due date falls on a weekend, the payment time period is extended to the Monday immediately following the due date.

Unpaid taxes are turned over to the Dutchess County Commissioner of Finance on June 1st. 845-486-2086.

Any changes in address or updates to bank or escrow information must be made in writing to:

Mary Alex, Tax Collector
P.O. Box 667
Millbrook, NY 21545
Fax to: 845-677-2085


I did not receive a tax bill, or I received it late, do I still have to pay a penalty?  YES. The failure to mail a statement or the failure of a property owner to receive a bill does not affect the validity of the taxes or interest prescribed by law (NYS Tax Law Section 922). Neither the tax collector nor any other official has the authority to waive statutory penalty charges.

Do you accept payment with credit cards?  No.  Payments payments can be paid by check or cash.

Can I pay my taxes in installments?  The town does not accept partial payments.  The bill must be paid in one full payment.

Do I have to pay in person?  No, payments may be mailed to the Tax Office.  A US Postal Service postmark is used to determine the date the payment was made.  We recommend that if you are waiting to the last day to pay your taxes, that you see the postal clerk affix the postmark.  A postage machine, such as Pitney Bowes, does not count as a US Postal Service postmark.

How do I have a copy of my tax bill sent to another party?     If you are a property owner 65 years or older or have a disability you may complete the New York State Department of Taxation and Finance Form RP-923 to have a copy of your bill or notice of unpaid taxes sent to a third party.   Request for a duplicate tax bill

The Board of Assessment granted a deduction in my assessment.  Now what?  The new assessed value should be first applied on the school tax bill.  If the new assessment hasn’t been applied to the bill, please contact the Assessor’s Office at 845-677-8321.  You will be required to complete an App for Corrected Tax Roll.